Saturday, September 10, 2011

Back in February, I Jumped the Gun

Back in February, I jumped the gun. I released my first novel, Never Saw It Coming without a proper editorial pass. It contained numerous typos and, to be quite honest, boneheaded mistakes.

Once I realized this, I was A: extremely embarassed, B: consumed with guilt for not selling my readers the best possible work.

Despite those mistakes, the book holds a solid 4.1 star rating here on Amazon (16 Reviews). Actually, the most common complaint in those reviews were, in fact, the rather glaring errors within the book. So I held off on marketing, while I corrected those mistakes and errors. Four editorial passes (Thanks to Diane, Matt and Charlie) and a new cover later (Courtesy of Andrew Ballard), the Second Edition of Never Saw It Coming went live.

To celebrate this personal milestone, I will be giving away 10 copies of the book. The 2nd edition also contains excerpts from the sequel, Undeserving, which *should* be ready for release by Christmas of this year.

If you want one just shoot me an email at jordan.nonotthatone.mike@gmail.com or visit my blog at http://moderatelyprofane.blogspot.com/ and let me know where to send it.

Unfortunately, I will only be able to provide a gift copy to the first 10 interested parties, if you miss out, please, download the sample and see if it is to your liking.

Thank you for your time,
Mike Jordan

Author's Note: This book, were it a movie, would be rated "R" it contains strong language, graphic violence, sexual situations, and the senseless murder of a bucket of chicken.

2 comments:

  1. A quick note for those of you that purchased the previous version from Amazon-- to get the updated edition you'll just have email kdp-support@amazon.com with the book's ASIN number: B004MYFO4M and let them know you'd like your version replaced withthe most recent.

    Thanks for reading--Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I noticed some formatting issues with the new version, *Thought* I had correctedthem with a new file, but it was not so. So I just uploaded new file today that should take care the issues..

    ReplyDelete